- This event has passed.
$ensible $upplementation — Gracemere
22-September from 09:00 to 14:00
|Date:||Wednesday 22 September 2021|
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
|Website:||View Event Website|
Gracemere CQLX function room
16 Saleyards Road+ Google Map
Gracemere, Queensland 4702 Australia
Do you have enough grass?
What will you feed your cattle?
How much will it cost you?
Is phosphorus deficiency affecting your production?
This workshop will help you to manage your pasture and supplement throughout the seasons and develop a nutrition management plan for your property. Topics covered include:
- Practical cattle nutrition
- Cattle nutritional requirements
- Reading supplement labels
- Understanding supplement ingredients
- Cost analysis of supplements
- Feeding management
- Animal health and welfare considerations
Experienced presenters from Department of Agriculture and Fisheries:
Mick Sullivan: Mick is a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins: Kylie is a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Cindy McNaught: Cindy is a Beef Extension Officer with experience in livestock biosecurity systems and animal welfare.
We will supply:
- Smoko & lunch
- Land type report
- Supplement assessments
- Property nutrition management plan
- Herd management calendar
- Lick intake calculator
- Workshop notes
Please bring labels and information on lick products you are currently feeding:
- Specs for protein, energy and phosphorus
- Cost per tonne including freight
- Class of cattle being fed
- How much lick cattle are eating
At registration you will be asked for your PIC number. This will be used to generate your property land type report.
- Tues 26th October – Biloela Hotel Settlers
- Wed 27th October – Taroom Leichhardt Hotel
- Fri 29th October – Alpha Golf Club