- This event has passed.
Friday 12 February 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
|Date:||Friday 12 February 2021|
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
Online - at your computer
Learn the basics of free online mapping services with SQ Landscapes
The webinar will be in 2 parts over two days and cover the basics of using the free online mapping services of Queensland Globe, VegMachine, and FORAGE. These services are great for getting a quick and simple map of your property (Queensland Globe) but also auto-generated reports on things such as changes in ground cover (VegMachine) and carrying capacity (FORAGE).
The 11th will last around 45 min and cover the basics of using Queensland Globe, for example:
- Adding in boundaries and marking features i.e water troughs
- How the map layers work and which ones show what i.e mapping land types for future fencelines
- How to save, edit and print maps
The 12th will be about 30 minutes long and will be a basic guide to VegMachine and FORAGE, which will involve:
- How to use the VegMachine ground cover time-lapse map
- Understanding the VegMachine graphs
- How to auto-generate reports of your property using VegMachine and FORAGE
- What those reports mean and how you can use them i.e. how you can use the generated long-term carrying capacity report
Lucas Mackie – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 087 108
The link alongside a manual to the webinar will be sent out to all who RSVP’d, and a recording will be available if you are unable to make it on the day/s.
Grazing Futures is an initiative of the Queensland Government to improve drought preparedness and resilience for Queensland producers.