- This event has passed.
Workplace Essentials Workshop – Stanthorpe
Wednesday 16 September 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 16 September 2020|
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Event category:||People and business|
Stanthorpe Civic Centre
Corner Marsh and Lock Streets+ Google Map
Stanthorpe, Qld 4380 Australia
The highly regarded Workplace Essentials workshops, brought to you by Growcom, are hitting the road again to help farm employers reduce risks and increase efficiency and compliance in their businesses.
The Workplace Essentials workshops are open to all agricultural sectors throughout Queensland.
The Stanthorpe session will cover topics such as:
Workplace Health and Safety obligations and best practice:
- Workplace risk management planning, including COVID-19 Workplace Health and Safety Plans and Health Management Plans.
- Application of hierarchy of control to reduce COVID-19 transmission risks; best management practice across the labour supply chain; and considerations for WHS for beyond the workplace eg. consultation with accommodation and transport providers and other key stakeholders of the farm business.
Workforce management and human resources:
- Employment and safely sourcing workers.
- Best management practice using labour hire services.
- On-boarding process.
- Harvest Trail and Labour Services, and Workforce planning considerations.
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Labour Hire Licensing Queensland – Office of Industrial Relations
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Harvest Trail Labour Services, MADEC