- This event has passed.
Young Beef Producers Forum 2017
Thursday 16 November 2017 - Friday 17 November 2017
|Start:||Thursday 16 November 2017|
|End:||Friday 17 November 2017|
Roma Cultural Centre
Bungle Street+ Google Map
Roma, Qld 4455 Australia
Realise Your Opportunities
Do you know someone who could benefit from attending the ‘ultimate educational, capacity building and networking event for the youth of the beef industry’?
If so, please help us make sure they know that the Young Beef Producers’ Forum (YBPF) is on again this year — 16 and 17 November in Roma.
The event is now in its thirteenth year and the theme for this year is ‘Realise Your Opportunities’.
Given registrations to date, YBPF is once again set to attract over 100 youngsters from all over Australia.
Tweaks are still being made to the final program, but here’s a taste of some of the amazing speakers and general topics that are locked in to date:
- Alf Collins (Senior) – CBV Brahmans, Marlborough *Genetics*
- Anthony Coates AM – ex Eidsvold Station *Succession*
- Gabriel Passmore – Chapman Eastway, Sydney *Succession*
- Geoff Wagstaff – Rural Consultant, South East Queensland *Pastoral companies*
- Joy McClymont – Off the track training, Longreach *Other on-farm opportunities*
- Tom McGuire – Teys *Demand for grass fed beef*
- Jack Milbank – Bargara Brewing Company; Biofilm *Opportunities in alternate ag-related industries*
- Matt and Melissa George – Bovine Dynamics *Grain-feeding*
- Tess Camm – General Manager, Signature Beef *Value adding beef*
- Anna Speer – CEO, Auctions Plus *Emerging technologies*
- James Walker – Agrihive, Longreach *Financial support tools for producers*
- Brad and Hayley Robinson – Mort & Co; MLA *Overseas opportunities – their journey*
- David McLean – General Manager, Resource Consulting Services *Getting started and cost benefits*
- Katrina Gibbs – Westpac *Ag and the market place*
- Jamie Wood and Anthony Brick – AustSafe Super *Future stability*
- Carly Johnstone – DAF *Decision-support tools available*
- Lauren Williams and Don Menzies – DAF; CQU *Field-based technologies for production*
- + MLA (DEXA), ABDI (getting bank-ready), Drought Well-Being Service
- + Penelope Arthur from the Queensland Country Life will be MC for the event
The overview of the event is as follows:
- Aglive ‘Meet and Greet’ on Wednesday night (15 November)
- Thursday 16 November – full day of speakers at the Cultural Centre
- Thursday night – TopX YBPF Dinner and Auction ***Featuring the Whiskey Mountain Boys***
- Friday 17 November – half day speakers at the Cultural Centre; half day property tour
As you can hopefully see, we’re in for a cracker event!!!
Many thanks once again to our amazing event sponsors. For more information on speakers, the program and to register, please venture to Young Beef Producers’ Forum website.