Desert Uplands region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Desert Uplands region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- Box country (PDF, 964 KB)
- Channels and swamps associated with major streams (PDF 594 KB)
- Coolibah flats (PDF, 562 KB)
- Downs (PDF, 435 KB)
- Frontage (PDF, 673 KB)
- Frontal dunes (PDF, 507 KB)
- Hard ironbark country (PDF, 821 KB)
- Ironbark country (PDF, 929 KB)
- Jump-ups (PDF, 520 KB)
- Lakebeds (PDF, 619 KB)
- Scrubs on deep clays (PDF, 580 KB)
- Scrubs on shallow clays (PDF, 580 KB)
- Yellowjacket country +/- wattles (PDF, 737 KB)
- Desert Uplands Region plant index (PDF, 117 KB)
Anderson E. R. (1993). Plants of central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Cavaye J. M. (1991). The buffel book: A guide to buffel grass pasture development in Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Lorimer, M.S. (2003). The Desert Uplands Strategic Land Resource Assessment Project, Technical Report, Environmental Protection Agency, Queensland.
Milson J. (1995). Plant identification in the arid zone. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Milson J. (2000). Pasture plants of north-west Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Partridge I., Middleton C., Shaw K. (1996). Stylos for better beef. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).