Desert Uplands region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Desert Uplands region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- Box country (PDF, 100KB)
- Channels and swamps associated with major streams (PDF, 98KB)
- Coolibah flats (PDF, 102KB)
- Downs (PDF, 92KB)
- Frontage (PDF, 104KB)
- Frontal dunes (PDF, 100KB)
- Hard ironbark country (PDF, 102KB)
- Ironbark country (PDF, 101KB)
- Jump-ups (PDF, 97KB)
- Lakebeds (PDF, 100KB)
- Scrubs on deep clays (PDF, 94KB)
- Scrubs on shallow clays (PDF, 103KB)
- Yellowjacket country +/- wattles (PDF, 118KB)
- Desert Uplands region plant index (PDF, 56KB)
Anderson E. R. (1993). Plants of central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Cavaye J. M. (1991). The buffel book: A guide to buffel grass pasture development in Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Lorimer, M.S. (2003). The Desert Uplands Strategic Land Resource Assessment Project, Technical Report, Environmental Protection Agency, Queensland.
Milson J. (1995). Plant identification in the arid zone. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Milson J. (2000). Pasture plants of north-west Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Partridge I., Middleton C., Shaw K. (1996). Stylos for better beef. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).