Desert Uplands region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Desert Uplands region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- DU01 Box country (PDF, 964 KB)
- DU02 Channels and swamps associated with major streams (PDF 594 KB)
- DU03 Coolibah flats (PDF, 562 KB)
- DU04 Downs (PDF, 435 KB)
- DU05 Frontage (PDF, 673 KB)
- DU06 Frontal dunes (PDF, 507 KB)
- DU07 Hard ironbark country (PDF, 821 KB)
- DU08 Ironbark country (PDF, 929 KB)
- DU09 Jump-ups (PDF, 520 KB)
- DU10 Lakebeds (PDF, 619 KB)
- DU11 Scrubs on deep clays (PDF, 580 KB)
- DU12 Scrubs on shallow clay (PDF, 600 KB)
- DU13 Yellowjacket country +/- wattles (PDF, 737 KB)
- DU Desert Uplands Region plant index (PDF, 117 KB)
Anderson E. R. (1993). Plants of central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Cavaye J. M. (1991). The buffel book: A guide to buffel grass pasture development in Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Lorimer, M.S. (2003). The Desert Uplands Strategic Land Resource Assessment Project, Technical Report, Environmental Protection Agency, Queensland.
Milson J. (1995). Plant identification in the arid zone. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Milson J. (2000). Pasture plants of north-west Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Partridge I., Middleton C., Shaw K. (1996). Stylos for better beef. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).