Small business digital grants program
What is it?
The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technology and services to enable them to:
- work smarter
- engage with the global economy
- make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption
How much and what for?
Matched funding of up to $10 000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services – such as digital coaching. The minimum grant funding amount is $1 000. The business must show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capability of their business, help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development and training
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this grant, the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $2 million or less for the last financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business for consideration under each round. Successful applicants cannot reapply for funding under this grant program in future rounds.
For more information visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/digital-grants