Strengthening the LPA
Changes have been made to strengthen the Livestock Production Assurance program and further safeguard Australia’s enviable status as a world leader in red meat safety, integrity and traceabiliyy.
From 1 October 2017:
- There will be two new modules 1) on-farm biosecurity and 2) animal welfare practices which will be requirements of LPA accreditation.
- LPA-accredited producers will need to renew LPA accreditation every three years. As parto f this, producers will need to complete an assessment and pay a $60 (plus GST) fee every three years.
- Online learning modules will be available to help producers understand their obligations.
- Off-line learning training modules and assessments will be available at $22 (incl. GST) to help producers understand their obligations and to renew their LPA accreditation.
- A free electronic LPA National Vendor Declaration (LPA eNVD) will be available.
Download the LPA accredited producers: Stand by what you sell fact sheet (PDF 192 KB) for a summary of all the requirements.