Webinars in May: In case you missed it….
There have been numerous webinars in the last month covering a variety of topics by a number of agencies.
Below is a list of recent webinar recordings.
- The effects of temperature on pasture production with Jim Virgona, Graminus Consulting, thanks to Meat & Livestock Australia
- Reproductive diseases in cattle – causes, impacts and management with Dr Micahel McGowan, University of Queensland, thanks to Meat & Livestock Australia
- Automated livestock phenotyping technology with Data Muster
- P is for profit and phosphorus – and that’s not all the two have in common with Tim Schatz (Principal Beef Scientist, Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade)
- Why feed phosphorus to beef cattle in northern Australia with Mick Sullivan (Principal Beef Extension Officer, Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Satellite assisted forage budgeting with Cibolabs
- Raising the ‘steaks’ – science and the beef cattle supplementation industry with Australian Association of Animal Sciences
- Forecasting Australia’s livestock future (Part 1) with Simon Quilty thanks to NSW Local Land Services
- Forecasting Australia’s livestock future (Part 2) with Simon Quilty thanks to NSW Local Land Services
- Calf health and welfare – castration and dehorning with Bayer
- Better forecast, better production with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Grazing Futures team and Dr. Chelsea Jarvis from the Northern Australia Climate Program.
- Resilience strategies for small landholders: when euthanasia is the best option with Geoff Neithe, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Resilience strategies for small landholders: Duty of care to animals, with Tracy Longhurst, Senior Project Officer, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Resilience strategies for small landholders: Drought plans and feed requirements for cattle with Roger Sneath, Senior Beef Extension Officer, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Resilience strategies for small landholders: Grazing land management and pasture recovery with Bruce Lord, Healthy Land and Water
- Building resilience in small landholders – Managing climate variability & feeding horses/sheep/goats with Damien O’Sullivan, Senior Beef Extension Officer, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Building waterponds with a road grader with Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Western Australia
- Options for a connected northern beef industry – with Meat & Livestock Australia
The FutureBeef events calendar is updated regularly with upcoming webinars, workshops and field days.