Workplace health and safety industry statistics for agriculture
Did you know:
- There are around 1700 general workplace injuries in agriculture each year, affecting one in every 25 agricultural workers. One in every 35 workers suffers a serious injury.
- In Queensland, the agriculture industry hurts and kills more people than any other industry.
- Around $22 million is paid out annually for agricultural workers compensation claims.
- In agriculture, on average, 50 days are lost for injuries needing time off work, compared to an average of 43 days for all industries.
- Men are three times more likely to suffer a work injury than women in agriculture.
- One in four injuries in agriculture affect workers aged between 25-34 years.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland has a memorandum of understanding with the Queensland Ambulance service that any agriculture related incidents they attend, must be reported to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.