Rain waiter or decision maker? Managing Mitchell grass during drought
Rain waiter or decision maker? Managing Mitchell grass during drought provides the latest guidelines to managing Mitchell grass pastures for productivity and sustainability during drought. Scientific research has been combined with the insights and experiences of graziers within western Queensland to produce a guide that is factual and practical. This guides provides advice on:
- the vigour and health of Mitchell grass pastures from Cunnamulla in the south, Richmond in the north, to Boulia in the west
- the short- and long-term impacts of drought and pasture vigour and health on productivity and income
- how climate change may influence future droughts and pasture vigour and health
- the different impact of sheep and cattle on drought stressed pastures
- practical measures to maintain healthy Mitchell grass pastures.
Authors: David Phelps, et al., Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 2007.