- This event has passed.
Breeding EDGE — Esk
Monday 1 February 2021 - Wednesday 3 February 2021
|Start:||Monday 1 February 2021|
|End:||Wednesday 3 February 2021||Event category:||Past event|
Esk Civic Centre
35 Hampton Road+ Google Map
Esk, Qld 4312 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending the Breeding EDGE workshop will help you to:
• identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
• measure reproductive performance more accurately
• identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
• develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
• gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
Attendees of the Breeding EDGE workshop will learn:
• current herd performance – what measures matter most
• reproduction and reproduction loss
• managing the breeders – systems
• bull fertility and management
• identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
• reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
• breeder herd management plans
• genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
• genetic principles and selection tools
• selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
• breeds and breeding systems.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second and third person from the same business
Corporate rate + GST / for five or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Presenters of the Breeding EDGE workshop
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery, Tropical Beef Technology Services
- and an Australian Cattle Vet and BULLCHECK accredited veterinarian.
To ensure the safety of participants, this event will run in accordance with State and Federal Government COVID-19 restrictions and advice.