Breeding EDGE workshop – Rolleston
Monday 24 February 2020 @ 8:00 am - Wednesday 26 February 2020 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Monday 24 February 2020 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Wednesday 26 February 2020 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production|
Rolleston, Qld 4702 Australia+ Google Map
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproduction loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- genetic and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second and third person from same business
Corporate rate + GST / five or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Fitzroy Basin Association Inc. subsidies are available for Fitzroy landholders to cover training costs. Contact FBA’s Reece Brooks on 0447 992 800 to enquire if you are eligible.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery, Tropical Beef Technology Services
- Mick Sullivan, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Dr Dianne Wood, ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet, Rolleston Veterinary Surgery.
Register now for Breeding EDGE
Download the event flyer: Breeding EDGE, Rolleston (PDF, 500 KB)