- This event has passed.
Calf Loss Forum — McKinlay
Thursday 8 October 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Thursday 8 October 2020|
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, People and business, Research, Technology|
McKinlay Tennis Shed and Redland Park
Wylde St and Landsborough HWY+ Google Map
McKinlay, QLD Australia
Hear from industry experts at the Calf Loss Forum regarding the latest research and practical prevention strategies to reduce calf wastage.
- Identifying on-farm calf loss, CashCow data and more — Hannah Brodie and Lachlan Smith, Redland Park
- Milk Matters: late gestation cow nutrition and milk delivery — Jarud Muller, Scientist (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) and Luis Silva, Senior Research Fellow (Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation)
- A lot of hot air? Heat lessons from the Barkly Tablelands — Kieren McCosker, Livestock Scientist (Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade)
- Findings from the CalfWatch project: Remotely monitoring calving — Tim Schatz, Livestock Scientist (Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade)
- Herd structure: Culling for productivity — Dave Smith, Principal Extension Officer (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
- E-Beef Smart Farm Update — Anne Alison, Rangelands Officer (Southern Gulf Natural Resource Management) and Tim Driver (Datamars)
Meeting in paddock on Redland Park.
Right turn, approximately 20 km south of McKinlay on Landsborough Highway. Watch out for flag. Return to McKinlay Tennis Shed at smoko.
8th of October, 8:30am to 4:30pm
In-line with COVID safe event protocols, RSVP is required.
Contact Lindsey Perry, Senior Extension Officer (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) on 0477 755 243 before the 30th of September.
Download the event flyer: Calf Loss Forum, McKinlay (PDF, 785 KB)