- This event has passed.
Climate Workshop – Ravenshoe
Thursday 28 November 2019 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
|Date:||Thursday 28 November 2019|
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Kennedy Highway+ Google Map
Ravenshoe, Queensland 4888 Australia
The Northern Australia Climate Program, funded by Meat & Livestock Australia, the Queensland government, and the University of Southern Queensland invite you to come along to their half day workshop at Ravenshoe where the key messages will include:
- The latest developments in seasonal climate forecasting and how they apply to our region
- GrazingFutures / E-Beef presentation on management strategies for your region
- How these strategies can utilise climate information for improved outcomes
- Find, use and assess relevant climate tools such as seasonal forecasts
- What to expect in the upcoming wet season
Speakers at this event will be:
- David Cobon, Northern Australia Climate Program, Forewarned is Forearmed, USQ
- Emily Corbett, DAF, GrazingFutures & E-Beef
- Dr Chelsea Jarvis, Research Fellow (Agricultural Climate Research and Applications) Centre for Applied Climate Sciences, USQ
- Lyndal Scobell, Northern Australia Climate Program, Climate Mate
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Register your interest with Lyndal Scobell, phone: 0403 063 182 or at Lyndal.Scobell@usq.edu.au.
For more information, download the event flyer: Climate Workshop, Woodleigh (PDF, 350 KB)