Phosphorus feeding – St Anns Station via Belyando Crossing
Thursday 28 November 2019 @ 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Thursday 28 November 2019|
8:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, People and business|
St Anns Station
St Anns Road+ Google Map
Llannarth, Queensland 4820 Australia
Could you be feeding Phosphorus more efficiently?
The Phosphorus feeding workshop covers:
- Identifying phosphorus deficient country
- Testing for deficiencies in cattle
- Phosphorus deficiency in breeders and growing steers
- Supplementing phosphorus in the most economical way.
Speakers at the Phosphorus feeding workshop will include:
- Rob Dixon (QAAFI – University of Queensland) – Rob is a ruminant nutritionist with many years of experience in northern production systems, including phosphorus nutrition in growing and breeder cattle.
- Mick Sullivan (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) – Mick is a beef extension officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
- Peter Carmona (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) – Peter has recently started as an extension officer in Charters Towers, and has experience with beef cattle nutrition and grazing land management.
RSVPs are essential.
Please register by 14 November at www.eventbrite.com.au/e/phosphorus-feeding-at-saint-anns-station-tickets-78909022009?ref=estw or by contacting Peter Carmona on 0477 345 843.
To get the most value out of the workshop please provide at registration:
- Labels and costs of your supplements
- Lick intake information, average daily intake in different paddocks
- Results from any soil or cattle tests you have done.
- To have a land type map produced for your property, please provide your lot on plan numbers.
Lunch and smoko will be provided.
Download the event flyer: Phosphorus feeding workshop, St Anns (PDF, 300 KB)