- This event has passed.
Northern Australia Climate Program – Winton
Monday 9 September 2019 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Monday 9 September 2019|
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Climate and natural disasters, Technology|
Winton Neighbourhood Centre
19 Cork Street+ Google Map
Winton, Qld 4735 Australia
Key learnings from the Northern Australia Climate Program Workshop will include:
• The latest developments in seasonal climate forecasting and how they apply to your region
• Key climate drivers for northern Australia
• Find, use and assess relevant climate tools such as seasonal forecasts
• An evaluation of the 2019 Queensland Floods
Speakers at this event in Winton include:
- Dr Chelsea Jarvis, University of Southern Queensland Research Fellow (Agricultural Climate Research and Applications)
- Dr Timothy Cowan, University of Southern Queensland, Bureau of Meteorology, 2019 Queensland Flood Research, Research Fellow (Climate Prediction)
- Susie Brodie, Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Industry Recovery Officer
To download the event flyer, click here: Northern Australia Climate Program – Winton (PDF 300 KB).
Seats are limited. To register your interest, please contact Chelsea Jarvis on 0438 264 409.