E-Beef Smart Farm Field Day – Almaden
Thursday 31 October 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Thursday 31 October 2019|
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, People and business, Technology|
13 Main Street+ Google Map
Almaden, Queensland 4871 Australia
Bringing new and emerging technologies to the North Queensland grazing industry.
Come along and hear about:
- E-Beef smart farm project: Hear from John McLaughlin (Northern Gulf Natural Resource Management) and Joe Rolfe (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) about this project and how timely management decisions can enhance grazing productivity and profitability in North Queensland.
- Walk-over-weigh (WoW) systems: Hear from Tim Driver about how walk-over-weigh systems can improve animal performance, land condition and profitability in grazing enterprises.
- Online business management tools: James Walker from Agrihive will be discussing taking control of your business and finances.
- Improving beef production systems: Fred Chudleigh, Agricultural Economist from Department of Agriculture and Fisheries will be discussing improving the performance of NQ Gulf beef production systems.
- Virtual fencing: Increase production and cut costs with virtual fencing with Jason Chaffey of Agersens.
- GPS ear tags: New generation smart ear tags for livestock provenance and management with David Smith of Ceres Tags.
- Regional and remote telecommunications: Omar Tas from MarchNet will discuss his thoughts regarding “Outback should not mean out-of-reach”.
Attendees will visit Scardos Hill Station to view a WoW demonstration site.
Attending the E-Beef Smart Farm Field Day is free.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon BBQ will be provided.
Registration is required by Friday 25 October. To do so, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/e-beef-smart-farm-field-day-tickets-71612570125 or contact John McLaughlin (Rangelands Project Officer, Northern Gulf NRM) on 0411 294 331.
Download the event flyer for more information: E-Beef Field Day – Almaden (PDF, 500 KB)