- This event has passed.
E-Beef Smart Farm Field Day – McKinlay & Redland Park
Tuesday 15 October 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 15 October 2019|
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
CWA Hall, McKinlay and Redland Park
Using walk-over-weigh technology to compare weekly liveweights with pasture quality and profitability
Please note the field day commences at the McKinlay CWA Hall (not Redland Park).
Come along and hear about:
- E-Beef smart farm project overview
- The relationship between liveweight and pasture greeness
- Pasture monitoring – via satellite technology and on-ground
- Agrihive Farmecco business analysis platform
- E-Beef Innovation Hub learning group
- E-Beef Technology Trial opportunities
- Water supplementation
- Ceres tag – smart ear tags
- DataMuster and alternative walk-over weigh technology
- Pain relief options for beef cattle
- Anne Alison, Southern Gulf NRM
- Will Harrington, DIT Technologies
- Lindsey Perry, DAF Cloncurry
- James Walker, Agrihive Farmecco
- Mark Peart, DIT Technologies
- Lewis Frost, Ceres Tag
- Robert Newcombe, DataMuster/CQU
- Hannah Brodie, Veterinarian
Agencies in attendance: QRIDA, NQRFCS, RFDS, NQLIRA
Attendees will visit Redland Park to view a WoW demonstration site.
Attending the E-Beef Smart Farm Field Day is free.
Please meet at the McKinlay CWA Hall for the start of the field day.
Morning tea and lunch provided – please RSVP.
Please bring a chair.
Registration is required by Friday 11 October. Please contact Anne Alison, Rangelands Officer on 0407 789 747 or email email@example.com.
Download the event flyer for more information: Redland Park E-Beef Smart Farm Field Day Flyer (PDF 2.35 MB).
The E-Beef project is supported by a partnership comprising Southern Gulf NRM, Desert Channels Queensland, Northern Gulf RMG, and Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Funding for the project is from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program and the Queensland Government Drought and Climate Adaptation Program.