Focus on Food and Fibre Conference – St George
Friday 2 August 2019 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Friday 2 August 2019|
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Cost:||$10||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, People and business|
St George Cultural Centre
112 Victoria Street+ Google Map
St George, Qld 4487 Australia
The Focus on Food and Fibre Conference is an opportunity to showcase opportunities for the agricultural business industries relative to this region, whilst also providing a platform for capacity building and drawing quality presenters to the region.
“Our food and fibre means the world, to the world.”
Technical industry updates—choose your session: livestock, farming or irrigation.
- GM comparisons – Holmes Sackett agricultural consultancy
- Digital management tools – Peter Scott, Manager of Education and Training at Queensland Agricultural Training College
- Alternate livestock funding methods – StockCo Livestock Finance
- Domestic livestock supply trends – Meat & Livestock Australia
- Multi-peril insurance – Latevo
- Building resilient farming systems – Andrew Erbacher, Research Agronomist, DAF
- Evolving grain marketing: strategies for today’s market – presenter TBC
- Cotton to market (brand development) and the Cotton BCI – Hamish McIntyre, Cotton Australia
- The local cotton supply chain – Ben Suttor, Queensland Cotton
- Siphon-less flood irrigation system – Rob Jakins, cotton farmer
- Irrigation innovation – Glen Lyons, irrigation consultant.
- Key management influences on regenerative grazing and farming systems.
Resilience of the supply chain post farm gate discussion panel:
- Commodity purchasing representatives for beef, sheep, grain and cotton.
Register online at www.focusff.org by 28 July 2019.
Download the event flyer: Focus on Food and Fibre Conference (PDF, 821 KB)