- This event has passed.
Grazing Land Management EDGE Paraburdoo
Monday 12 November 2018 @ 8:30 am - Tuesday 13 November 2018 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Monday 12 November 2018 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Tuesday 13 November 2018 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Land and pastures|
Rocklea Palms Village
Ashburton Ave+ Google Map
Paraburdoo, WA 6754 Australia
Grazing land management (GLM) EDGE is a two-day workshop to give you a thorough understanding of the grazing land environment in which you operate.
GLM EDGE will provide you with knowledge to strategically manage your grazing business so you can optimise your land condition and productivity in the long term.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• better understand the connection between land condition, pasture growth and animal production
• allow for climate variability when planning livestock management
• recognise the dominant land types in your region and on your property
• make realistic carrying capacity estimates based on the mix of land types, condition of these land types and grazing distribution within paddocks
• choose appropriate tools and strategies to improve land condition and carrying capacities
What you will learn:
• environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
• local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key management dates
• the role of fire, sown pastures and weed management in healthy, productive grazing systems
• characteristics of dominant local land types and their productive potential
• how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
• when and how to use pasture spelling
• how to assess long-term carrying capacity of paddocks and properties
• account for grazing distribution when assessing paddock carrying capacity
• forage budgeting to manage variation in pasture on offer.
Deliverers: Jill Alexander (Qld), Applied Ag and Kath Ryan (WA), DPIRD
For more information about the workshop and the content, contact deliverers
Jill Alexander – M: 0427 764 897, or
Kath Ryan – T: 08 9166 4015
Prices (exclusive of GST):
$1,500pp + GST / 1 person from a business
$1,250pp + GST / 2 or more people from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, follow-up day and lunch, morning/afternoon tea.
Please note that this cost also includes a $250 per business subsidy thanks to DPIRD Northern Beef Development.
To register please contact Kath Ryan, DPIRD on (08) 9166 4015 or email email@example.com
Download a copy of the Paraburdoo GLM EDGE flyer (PDF, 303KB).