- This event has passed.
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE Charters Towers
Wednesday 7 February 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 7 February 2018|
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Cost:||$825||Event category:||Land and pastures, Past event|
DAF Charters Towers
1-5 Prior Street+ Google Map
Charters Towers, Qld 4820 Australia
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting
For more information, or to express your interest in attending this Grazing Fundamentals EDGE workshop, please contact Megan Willis, DAF Charters Towers on 07 4761 5159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of the Grazing fundamentals EDGE flyer (PDF, 1 MB).