- This event has passed.
Grazing fundamentals EDGE Mundubbera
Tuesday 20 March 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 20 March 2018|
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Event category:||Land and pastures, Past event|
Billabong Motor Inn
47 Strathdee Street+ Google Map
Mundubbera, Qld 4626 Australia
Grazing fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting
- Jill Alexander, Applied Ag
- Col Paton, EcoRich Grazing
$150pp + GST (subsidised – normally $750pp + GST).
This workshop is supported by the Burnett Mary Regional Group through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea.
Places are limited.
Download a copy of the Grazing fundamentals EDGE workshop flyer (PDF, 713 KB).