Grazing fundamentals EDGE Roma
Wednesday 30 May 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 30 May 2018|
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Event category:||Land and pastures|
50 Bungil Street+ Google Map
Roma, Qld 4455
Grazing fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting
- Jill Alexander, Applied Ag
- Col Paton, EcoRich Grazing
- Rhonda Toms-Morgan, ConnectAg
$450pp* + GST for 1 person from a business or $500pp* + GST for 2 people from same business.
*Price discounted by $300 thanks to the generous support of $200 from GrazingFutures BMP project, an initiative of the Queensland Government and $100 from Queensland Murray-Darling Committee through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, lunch and morning/afternoon tea. Places are limited.
Register securely at www.trybooking.com
Download a copy of the Roma Grazing fundamentals and GLM EDGE combined flyer (PDF, 1MB).