Grazing land management EDGE workshop Roma
Wednesday 30 May 2018 @ 8:30 am - Thursday 31 May 2018 @ 4:30 pm
|Start:||Wednesday 30 May 2018 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Thursday 31 May 2018 @ 4:30 pm||Event category:||Land and pastures|
50 Bungil Street+ Google Map
Roma, Qld 4455
The GLM EDGE is a two-day workshop designed to give you a thorough understanding of the grazing land environment in which you operate. It will provide you with the knowledge you need to strategically manage your grazing business so you can optimise your land condition and productivity in the long term.
The workshop will be delivered by Jill Alexander (Applied Ag), Col Paton (EcoRich Grazing) and Rhonda Toms-Morgan (ConnectAg).
Attending this workshop will help you to understand:
- how to influence pasture growth and quality
- key dates for management decisions
- assessing land condition
- land management strategies including tree‐grass balance, fire, sown pastures and weed control
- financial implications of a change in land management
- principles of successful grazing systems
- long‐ and short‐term carrying capacity
- choosing tools and strategies to improve your land
- condition and diet quality for your livestock
$1,200pp* + GST for 1 person from a business or $950pp* + GST for 2 people from same business.
*Price discounted by $300 thanks to the generous support of $200 from GrazingFutures BMP project, an initiative of the Queensland Government and $100 from Queensland Murray-Darling Committee through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
Cost includes 2-day workshop, workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea each day. Places are limited.
Register securely at www.trybooking.com/VHH
Download a copy of the Roma Grazing fundamentals and GLM EDGE combined flyer (PDF, 1MB).