- This event has passed.
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE – Toowoomba
Tuesday 19 March 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 19 March 2019|
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||$825||Event category:||Land and pastures|
Comfort Inn Grammar View
39 Margaret Street+ Google Map
Toowoomba, Qld 4350 Australia
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What’s you will learn:
• environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
• seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
• how soil properties influence pasture growth
• how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
• how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
• know when and how to use pasture spelling
• principles behind successful grazing systems
• how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
• what’s involved with forage budgeting and calculating carrying capacity
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
• evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
• better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
• understand key considerations when designing paddock and property layout
$825 including GST
Cost includes workshop, a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and all catering.
Jill Alexander, Applied Ag and Col Paton, Ecorich Grazing
Places are strictly limited. To book online please go to: https://www.trybooking.com/BANKS
If you have any questions please contact Jill Alexander, Applied Ag, mobile: 0427 764 897 or email email@example.com.
Download a copy of the Grazing fundamentals EDGE flyer 2019.03 Toowoomba (PDF, 321KB).