- This event has passed.
Grazing land management EDGE — Charters Towers
13-October to 15-October from 08:00 to 17:00
|Start:||Wednesday 13 October 2021 @ 8:00am|
|End:||Friday 15 October 2021 @ 5:00pm||Event category:||Past event|
|Website:||View Event Website|
Dalrymple Trade Training Centre
1-13 Macpherson Street+ Google Map
Charters Towers, Queensland 4757 Australia
Grazing land management (GLM) EDGE is a three-day workshop to give you a thorough understanding of the grazing land environment in which you operate – it will provide you with knowledge to strategically manage your grazing business so you can optimise your land condition and productivity in the long-term.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- understand how your land types influence productivity
- recognise the dominant land types in your region and on your property
- critically asses different grazing systems
- understand how soil properties influence plant growth
- understand soil health and the factors that impact on it
- know what land condition is, how it’s assessed, and how to manage livestock to maintain or achieve good condition
- understand the role of fire in your country
- understand the role of sown pastures in grazing enterprises
- understand the principles and planning steps for successfully managing weeds.
What you will learn:
- selective grazing, its function, and how to reduce impact
- how to identify key plant species
- the ecosystem processes that underpin productivity
- basic principles of effective grazing systems
- how to assess long term carrying capacity of paddocks and properties
- forage budgeting to manage variation in pasture on offer
- how to choose appropriate tools and strategies to improve land condition and carrying capacities
- methods of reclaiming severely degraded grazing land.
$1,250pp* + GST / One person from a business (normally $1,750 + GST)
$950pp* + GST / Two or more people from the same business (Normally $1,450 + GST)
* Discounted prices are possible thanks to support from The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Reef Grazing Extension Services and NQ Dry Tropics through the Queensland Government Reef Water Quality Program.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes and Workbook as well as lunch, morning/afternoon tea each day.
Your presenters of the Grazing Land Management EDGE workshop at Charters Towers will be Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Extension Officers, Bob Shepherd and Megan Willis.
To download the full event flyer, including what other participants of the Grazing Land Management EDGE workshops have said about the event, click here.