- This event has passed.
BeefConnect webinar: Improving beef business performance with high quality forages
26-July from 12:30 to 13:30
|Date:||Thursday 26 July 2018|
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, Past event|
Whole farm economic analyses have shown that perennial legumes are a profitable intervention for many areas of northern Australia. In particular, analyses for central Queensland have shown that perennial legumes (and especially leucaena) are the most profitable of all available beef production strategies as well as being the most profitable of all forage options.
However, most producers only have a limited area of arable soil suited to planting to high quality forages such as perennial legume-grass pastures or annual forage crops. Therefore, they have to make decisions regarding:
- Which high quality forage to plant, and
- How to allocate the high quality forage between different age groups of steers in the herd (i.e. when should steers start grazing high quality forage, for how long, and for which target market?).
This presentation by Dr Maree Bowen will address these two research questions using forage oats and leucaena-grass pastures grown in central Queensland, as an example.
After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The session will be recorded and a link will be sent to all those who register. So if you can’t attend on the day, you won’t miss out.
To successfully participate in this webinar
- Reserve your webinar seat now by following this link. Or copy and paste this into your web browser: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2882859405769030402.
You need to register to receive your personal login details (if you don’t receive an automated response within a minute or so, check your junk email folder).
- Click the option to ‘Add to calendar’ to get an automated reminder to join the webinar.
- Test your computer set-up beforehand by going to this website (http://help.citrix.com/webinar/get-ready/). If you have problems, contact your local computer support people or the friendly GoToWebinar support team (1800 356 792 in Australia).
- Join 10 minutes early on the day of the webinar. You can interact by typing questions in the Q&A panel or by raising your electronic hand.
This is a BeefConnect event brought to you through a partnership between FutureBeef and Beef Central.