- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE Mitchell
Tuesday 11 December 2018 - Thursday 13 December 2018
|Start:||Tuesday 11 December 2018|
|End:||Thursday 13 December 2018||Event category:||Animal production|
Mitchell Golf Club
81 Frances Street
Mitchell, Qld 4465 Australia
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition. Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,450 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from the same business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea each day.
Producers are eligible for $200 (per person) support from the GrazingFutures Project.
GrazingFutures is an initiative of the Queensland Government to improve drought preparedness and resilience for producers.
Désirée Jackson, Désirée Jackson Livestock Management
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options
Places are limited. For inquiries or to secure your seat, either contact:
To download a copy of the Nutrition EDGE 2018.12 MITCHELL flyer [PDF, 478KB]