- This event has passed.
Mulga Nutrition and Forage Workshop – Charleville
Friday 14 December 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Friday 14 December 2018|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures|
Diamantina Development Road+ Google Map
Charleville, Qld 4470 Australia
This workshop will entail:
- land condition and forage budgeting for mulga
- forage budgeting in mulga – in the paddock
- pasture quality and diet quality
- dry matter intake and how we manage it. What do you feed?
- how to collect dung samples for NIRS analysis
- nutritional and supplementary requirements for stock on mulga country – nutrient balance and differences between breeders and store cattle
- sheep nutrition
- weaner nutrition – feeding programs for different weight groups
- opportunity to speak one-on-one with presenters about your current situation
Email your labels from any supplements you’re currently feeding prior to the workshop, and on the day, bring in hay samples or licks that you are feeding.
Desiree Jackson (Desiree Jackson Livestock Management) and Col Paton (EcoRich grazing) are the presenters at this event.
Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
This event is being held at “Croxdale”, via Charleville. To get there, travel 12km along the Quilpie Road (Diamantina Development Road) from Charleville and turn left at Croxdale sign (after the big rock).
RSVP to email@example.com or phone 07 4656 8500 by 11 December.
To download the event flyer, including mud map, please follow this link: Mulga Nutrition and Forage Workshop (PDF, 4.33MB)
This workshop is supported by GrazingFutures, an initiative of the Queensland Government’s Drought and Climate Adaption Program (DCAP) that aims to improve drought preparedness and resilience for Queensland producers.