- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE — Muttaburra
Wednesday 4 August 2021-Friday 6 August 2021
|Start:||Wednesday 4 August 2021|
|End:||Friday 6 August 2021||Event category:||Past event|
Muttaburra, Qld 4372 Australia+ Google Map
Make better decisions to achieve herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending Nutrition EDGE at Muttaburra, will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second person from the same business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Désirée Jackson of Désirée Jackson Livestock Management — 0409 062 692