Nutrition EDGE workshop – Goondiwindi
Saturday 15 February 2020 @ 8:30 am - Monday 17 February 2020 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Saturday 15 February 2020 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Monday 17 February 2020 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, People and business|
Goondiwindi, Qld 4390 Australia+ Google Map
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition. Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand an feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options.
Desiree Jackson of Desiree Jackson Livestock Management.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second person from the same business or additional persons from a business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workhop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Register now as places are limited.
Register by contacting Desiree Jackson on 0409 062 692, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the event flyer to read the testimonies of previous Nutrition EDGE workshop attendees: Nutrition EDGE workshop, Goondiwindi 15-17 February (PDF, 500 KB)