- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE workshop – Taroom
Monday 10 June 2019 @ 8:30 am - Wednesday 12 June 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Monday 10 June 2019 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Wednesday 12 June 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, Past event, People and business|
Taroom Town Hall
Yaldwyn Street+ Google Map
Taroom, Qld 4420 Australia
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition. Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second person from the same business or additional persons from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Deliverer is Desiree Jackson, of Desiree Jackson Livestock Management.
Places are limited. To register, contact:
Desiree Jackson, Desiree Jackson Livestock Management, ph: 0409 062 692 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, or to read what other producers have said about Nutrition EDGE, download the event flyer: Nutrition EDGE, Taroom (PDF, 1 MB)
Please note if the date/location doesn’t suit, please check the MLA/ FutureBeef websites for other Queensland locations and dates during 2019.