- This event has passed.
Practical cattle nutritional management workshop – Cave Creek via Mataranka, NT
Saturday 16 November 2019 - Sunday 17 November 2019
|Start:||Saturday 16 November 2019|
|End:||Sunday 17 November 2019|
|Cost:||$385||Event category:||Past event|
via+ Google Map
Matarnaka, Northern Territory 0851 Australia
The Practical cattle nutritional management workshop being held at Cave Creek Station near Mataranka, will be an ideal opportunity to train up staff prior to the start of the next season. Suited for all station staff through to head stockman level, everyone is welcome at this workshop.
Topics being presented at the event include:
- Rumen function and digestion
- Nutrients cattle require and their function
- Water quality
- Plant groups and their nutritional value
- Assessing pasture quality and diet quality
- Assessing hay and feed supplements
- Weaner management
- Heifer nutrition and management
- Breeder nutrition and management
Training will include practical sessions out in the paddock.
$350 + GST
Cost includes set of workshop notes.
Contact Desiree Jackson on 0409 062 692.
Registrations are essential.
Download the event flyer: Practical Cattle Nutritional Management Workshop (PDF, 500 KB)