- This event has passed.
Redefining resilience through producer innovation – Webinar
Wednesday 4 November 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 4 November 2020|
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Join Meat & Livestock Australia for the first of a five-part webinar series in the lead up to the Annual General Meeting, providing updates, insights and inspiration for a resilient future for your business.
This webinar will focus on providing practical, outcomes-focused advice for producers wanting to be leaders in change and innovation.
Topics to be presented at the Redefining resilience webinar include:
- Driving productivity and profitability through producer adoption
- MLA’s adoption strategy
- How adoption strategies foster producer innovation
- How genetics investments have built resilience
- Accelerating adoption
- Jason Strong, MLA Managing Director — Driving productivity and profitability through producer adoption — Learn how MLA’s Producer Adoption program fosters the prosperity and resilience of the Australian red meat and livestock industry by building the capability of producers and advisers to increase on-farm productivity and profitability.
- Mick Crowley, MLA General Manager Research, Development and Adoption — MLA’s adoption strategy — Learn how MLA’s adoption strategy increases prosperity through producer adoption of key research and technology across all livestock production regions.
- Sarah Strachan, MLA Group Manager Adoption and Commercialisation — How adoption strategies foster producer innovation — Find out about outcomes from the ‘Managing Crop Grazing Producer Demonstration project’, which demonstrates advantages of crop grazing on profitability and how producers can apply the tool in different seasons and situations. Hear how MLA embeds adoption into all applicable R&D projects through the ‘involve and partner’ adoption strategy.
- Hamish Chandler, MLA Program Manager Genetics — How genetics investments have built resilience — The Beef Information Nucleus (BIN) project is delivering more accurate and extensive estimated breeding value information to validate gene markers so producers can improve animal selection, find out how investments in BIN have resulted in industry change.
- Professor Phil Vercoe, University of Western Australia — Accelerating adoption — Find out what is involved with strategic partnerships such as BeefLinks, Sheep Reproduction Strategic Partnership, Livestock Productivity Partnership, Sheep Productivity Partnership and Northern Breeding Business and hear how these strategic partnerships and customised approaches accelerate adoption.
For more information about the Redefining resilience webinar series, click here.
Click here to register for this event.