- This event has passed.
ReproActive – Lowmead
Tuesday 24 March 2020 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 24 March 2020|
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
|Cost:||$35||Event category:||Past event|
783 Clarke Road+ Google Map
Lowmead, Queensland 4676 Australia
Weaner management – Planning for performance
Weaning is one of the most crucial management interventions in a beef operation, regardless of season.
Miriam Vale Rural Science and Landcare Society Incorporated invite you to this informative and practical workshop. Developed by Australia’s leading vets, cattle specialists and rural business experts, ReproActive is an outstanding workshop series designed to help maximise the reproductive and productive potential of beef herds.
What’s in store?
Dr Paul Cusack, Australian Livestock Production Services
- Implementing and managing early weaning to drive efficiency and production on farm and in the feedlot
- Meeting the nutritional needs of growing stock and the ramifications of getting it wrong
Dr Andrew Marland and Dr Emily Pelling, Vet Cross
- Foundations of heifer productivity, – meeting critical mating weights and implementing efficient joining periods
- Reproductive disease prevalence and production impact in the local area
Dr Matt Petersen, Zoetis Australia
- Bovine respiratory disease in young cattle – why it is important and how it can be managed.
Brendan Wade, Meat and Livestock Australia
- Beef industry outlook 2020 (MLA) – where are we situated and what are we expecting?
Thank you to the Row family for hosting our workshop and practical session
RSVP is essential
Contact Leon Buchanan on 0418 492 289 or Pat O’Neill on 0409 718 587.
To read more about the event, download the ReproActive Lowmead Weaner Management (PDF, 1 MB).