- This event has passed.
Sensible Supplementation Workshop – Quilpie
Thursday 22 April 2021 @ 9:00am-1:30pm
|Date:||Thursday 22 April 2021|
|Event category:||Past event|
|Website:||View Event Website|
Quilpie, Qld 4480 Australia+ Google Map
Bring along your lick label for a free interpretation
This workshop will help you to manage your pasture and supplement through the dry and includes:
- practical cattle nutrition
- cattle nutritional requirements
- reading supplement labels
- understanding supplement ingredients
- cost analysis of supplements
- feeding management
- animal welfare during the dry
Experienced Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) presenters:
Mick Sullivan a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management, and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Time: 9am – 1:30pm
- Charleville – Tue 20 April (RSL Function Room)
- Cunnamulla – Wed 21 April (Shire Hall Supper Room)
- Quilpie – Thur 22 April (Shire Hall Supper Room)
Register by Friday 16 April:
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Please specify any dietary requirements during registration.
GrazingFutures is an initiative of the Queensland Government to improve drought preparedness and resilience for Queensland producers.