Soil Erosion Control Workshop – Hughenden
Friday 28 June 2019 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
|Date:||Friday 28 June 2019|
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
|Event category:||Land and pastures, People and business|
Flinders Highway+ Google Map
Hughenden, Qld 4821 Australia
Learn how to protect your soil with guest presenters Darryl Hill and Bob Shepherd.
Key learnings on offer to participants will include:
- How to identify soil types, limitations and risks to soil integrity
- How to avoid and mitigate erosion on fencelines and access tracks
- How to limit soil and silt loss during extreme weather events
- How to treat flood-related washouts and erosion to restore agricultural productivity
- How to manage and recover flood damaged grazing land
Darryl Hill is highly regarded around Australia for his practical approach and expertise using graders and other machinery to achieve soil conservation outcomes. With over 40 years study and on-ground experience, Darryl’s teachings are aimed at achieving safe, effective and low-maintenance construction.
Bob Shepherd who specialises in grazing land management rehabilitation and soil conservation will open the workshop with a presentation on ‘Managing Flood Damaged Grazing Land’.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided, please bring your own chair.
RSVP is required by 14 June. Contact Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator, Pru Wharton on (07) 4743 1888 or email@example.com.
Download the event flyer: Soil Erosion Control Workshop (PDF, 1 MB)