- This event has passed.
Wambiana Grazing Trial Field Day – via Charters Towers
Thursday 17 October 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Thursday 17 October 2019|
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Wambiana grazing trial site
Wambiana Station+ Google Map
Charters Towers, Qld 4820 Australia
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF), Meat & Livestock Australia and the Lyons family of Wambiana, invite you to the Wambiana Grazing Trial Field Day.
The event will begin with an introduction and short field trip to view results of the 22 year Wambiana grazing trial. Guest speakers will then present on how these results along with better herd management, genetic improvement and new technological tools can be used to improve both land condition and business profitability. Speakers will include scientists, graziers and a beef business consultant.
During the event, the following topics will be discussed:
- The Wambiana trial field trip and key messages with Peter O’Reagain and John Bushell (DAF)
- Relevance of Wambiana results for breeding herds with Dave Smith (DAF) and Geoffry Fordyce (QAAFI)
- Compounding gains with genetics with Michael Lyons (Wambiana)
- Tying it all together at the property level with David and Donna Rankine (‘Bunuro’, Prairie)
- Characteristics of top performing beef businesses with Ian McLean (Bush Agribusiness)
- Using the new Forage Pasture Growth Alert with Grant Stone (DES).
Wambiana Station is located south of Charters Towers, turnoff 50 km down the Gregory Development Road.
Smoko and lunch will be provided along with children’s activities.
Registration for this event is essential.
RSVP by Thursday 10 October at wambiana2019.eventbrite.com.au or phone DAF on 07 4761 5151.