Mackay Whitsunday region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Mackay Whitsunday region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- Alluvial flats and plains (PDF, 120KB)
- Coastal eucalypt forests and woodlands (PDF, 116KB)
- Coastal rainforests (PDF, 115KB)
- Coastal tea tree plains (PDF, 108KB)
- Coastal wetlands (PDF, 127KB)
- Eucalypt hills and ranges (PDF, 123KB)
- Marine plains and tidal flats (PDF, 96KB)
- Poplar gum woodlands (PDF, 122KB)
- Wet highland rainforests (PDF, 129KB)
- Mackay Whitsunday region plant index (PDF, 36KB)
Bishop H. (2007). Pastures: Mackay/ Whitsunday region. A guide to developing productive and sustainable pasture feed grazing systems. Department of Primary Industry and Fisheries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Ball D. (in prep). Fauna of the CQC bioregion regional ecosystems.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Filet C. (1971). Pioneer Shire Handbook. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Filet C. (1971). Sarina Shire Handbook. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Hardy S. (2003). Soil and land suitability of the Whitsunday Coast Area, central Queensland. Whitsunday Shire Council, Proserpine, Queensland.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).
Peterson C. and Sander E. (2003). Irrigation Guide – Central District (Mackay, Plane Creek and Proserpine). Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations, Indooroopilly, Queensland.
Wetland Management Profile – Coastal Grass-Sedge Wetlands, Department of Environment Protection Agency, (wetlandinfo.derm.qld.gov.au/wetlands/ManagementTools/Guidelines/Profiles.html)