Mackay Whitsunday region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Mackay Whitsunday region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- MW01 Alluvial flats and plains (PDF, 380 KB)
- MW02 Coastal eucalypt forests and woodlands (PDF, 708 KB)
- MW03 Coastal rainforests (PDF, 530 KB)
- MW04 Coastal tea tree plains (PDF, 578 KB)
- MW05 Coastal wetlands (PDF, 435 KB)
- MW06 Eucalypt hills and ranges (PDF, 718 KB)
- MW07 Marine plains and tidal flats (PDF, 596 KB)
- MW08 Poplar gum woodlands (PDF, 709 KB)
- MW09 Wet highland rainforests (PDF, 567 KB)
- MW Mackay Whitsunday Region plant index (PDF, 105 KB)
Bishop H. (2007). Pastures: Mackay/ Whitsunday region. A guide to developing productive and sustainable pasture feed grazing systems. Department of Primary Industry and Fisheries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Ball D. (in prep). Fauna of the CQC bioregion regional ecosystems.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Filet C. (1971). Pioneer Shire Handbook. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Filet C. (1971). Sarina Shire Handbook. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane, Queensland.
Hardy S. (2003). Soil and land suitability of the Whitsunday Coast Area, central Queensland. Whitsunday Shire Council, Proserpine, Queensland.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).
Peterson C. and Sander E. (2003). Irrigation Guide – Central District (Mackay, Plane Creek and Proserpine). Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations, Indooroopilly, Queensland.
Wetland Management Profile – Coastal Grass-Sedge Wetlands, Department of Environment Protection Agency, (wetlandinfo.derm.qld.gov.au/wetlands/ManagementTools/Guidelines/Profiles.html)