Managing vegetation in the brigalow region – recent (2018) changes to the legislation.
Are you in the Brigalow Belt region of Queensland and want to know how theses changes could impact you?
In this BeefConnect webinar presentation, Emma Seccull from the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Charleville) discusses the new (2018) vegetation management legislation and how it impacts the management of vegetation on your property. Emma is a Natural Resource Management Officer and is a valuable source of information for understanding and interpreting the new legislation especially in the Brigalow Belt region of Queensland.
This presentation also discusses frequently asked questions from landholders regarding the new vegetation management laws, as well as providing some factual information on how the changes may affect you.
Download a copy of the Vegetation Management in Queensland (Brigalow) presentation (PDF, 4.42MB).
- New vegetation management laws for the Brigalow Belt of Qld
- Key points
- Vegetation management laws and framework
- Vegetation management law changes
- Native forest practice
- Category ‘R’
- PMAVs and mapping
- Where to start?
- Vegetation maps
- Regulated Vegetation Management (RVM) map
- Vegetation management supporting map
- Protected plants flora survey trigger map
- Property Map of Assessable Vegetation (PMAV)
- Checking your clearing options
- Some helpful tools
- Compliance and monitoring
- Early detection system
- Publicly available imagery
- Compliance and compliance tools
- Key steps to compliance
- Review of accepted development vegetation clearing codes
- Contact details – call us before you clear