Managing vegetation in the mulga region – recent (2018) changes to the legislation.
Do you want to know how theses changes could impact you?
In this BeefConnect webinar presentation, Seamus Batstone from the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Charleville) discusses the new (2018) vegetation management legislation and how it impacts the management of vegetation on your property. Seamus is a Principle Natural Resource Management Officer and is a valuable source of information for understanding and interpreting the new legislation especially in the Mulga region of South West Queensland.
This presentation also discusses frequently asked questions from landholders regarding the new vegetation management laws, as well as providing some factual information on how the changes may affect you.
Download a copy of the Vegetation Management in Queensland (Mulga) presentation (PDF, 4.42MB).
- Vegetation management in Queensland (Mulga region)
- Key points
- Vegetation management laws
- Vegetation management law changes (for Mulga)
- Vegetation management laws: other changes (for Mulga)
- Vegetation management law changes (for Qld coastal regions)
- PMAVs and mapping
- Fodder and thinning
- Where to start??
- Vegetation maps
- Regulated Vegetation Management map (RVM)
- Vegetation management supporting map
- Protected plants flora survey trigger map
- Property Map of Assessable Vegetation (PMAV)
- Your next step…(for exempt clearing work; accepted development vegetation clearing code; area management plan & development permit)
- Other tools – introduction
- Using Qld Globe (practical session on mapping & identifying potential fodder harvesting areas)
- Compliance and monitoring
- Early Detection System (EDS)
- Publicly available imagery
- Compliance tools (whose responsible?)
- Vegetation management laws (clearing activity)
- Key steps for you (in vegetation management)
- Call before you clear (13 58 34) and take home messages.