Advancing Beef Leaders
A beef industry leadership and professional development program
The Advancing Beef Leaders (ABL) program is a tailored leadership and professional development program for emerging producer and community leaders. Delivered by a partnership of Department of Agriculture and Fisheries extension staff and private consultants, ABL aims to skill and enthuse those who wish to become more involved in community and industry organisations.
ABL overlays relevant technical skills with appropriate self-development; encouraging participants to build stronger networks and spark the confidence needed to contribute and influence.
ABL launched a North West Queensland and Central Queensland group. The groups are facilitated by Amanda Roughan, Evolve AGRi and Ben Reeve, Meridian Agriculture, supported by Department of Agriculture and Fisheries local contacts Megan Munchenberg and Kylie Hopkins. The program will offer participants personalised training, peer and industry networking and a unique opportunity for mentoring from the program’s pool of ABL alumni, current leaders and guest speakers.
The ABL program modules include:
- Understanding Self and Others (The Right Mind – Jill Rigney)
- Spheres of Influence (Meridian Agriculture – Ben Reeve)
- Technical Foundations (Black Box Co – Emma Black)
- Economic & Financial Fundamentals (DAF & Meridian Agriculture)
- Governance (Engage and Create – Julia Spicer)
- Communications (Concise Communications – Ann Burbrook)
Advancing Beef Leaders is funded through GrazingFutures, an initiative of the Queensland Government to improve drought preparedness and resilience of Queensland producers.