Assessing options for drought response — 7. Impact of the response strategy on recovery
This is the last of seven recorded presentations, demonstrating how to assess management options in response to drought.
In this presentation, Fred Chudleigh (Agricultural Economist, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) discusses the impact of drought response strategies on recovery after the drought breaks. You can watch the full recording (18 minutes) or use playlist below to jump to the start of a particular section within the presentation.
- Impact of the response strategy on recovery
- Respond to drought
- Drought response strategies—context
- The impact of the response strategy on recovery—available tools to assess
- The impact on recovery in numbers
- The impact on cash
- Recovery through sending the pregnancy tested empty (PTE) cows on agistment
- Recovery when no agistment available
- Recover from drought—the next presentation
- Respond to drought—summary of strategies
This recording has been compiled within the Improving profitability and resilience of beef and sheep businesses in Queensland—Preparing for, responding to and recovering from drought project.