Maranoa Balonne region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Maranoa Balonne region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
Individual land types:
- MB01 Bendee ridges
- MB02 Bloodwood-ironbark woodland on steep rocky hills
- MB03 Brigalow belah scrub
- MB04 Brigalow with melonholes
- MB05 Coolibah floodplains
- MB06 Cypress pine on deep sands
- MB07 Cypress pine on duplex soils
- MB08 Hard mulga
- MB09 Mitchell grasslands
- MB10 Narrow-leaved ironbark
- MB11 Poplar box on alluvial plains
- MB12 Poplar box on duplex soils
- MB13 Poplar box and silver-leaved ironbark
- MB14 Poplar box with mulga understorey
- MB15 Poplar box with sandalwood understorey
- MB16 Poplar box and brigalow
- MB17 Soft mulga
- MB18 Softwood vine scrub on clay or loam
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Galloway, R. W., Gunn, R. H., Pedley, L., Cocks, K. D and Kalma, J. D. (1974). Lands of the Balonne-Maranoa Area, Queensland. Land Research Series No. 34 CSIRO, Melbourne.
Henry D. R., Hall T. J., Jordan D. J., Milson J. A., Schefe C. M. and Silcock R. G. (1995). Pasture plants of southern inland Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Queensland.
Macnish, S. E. (ed.) (1987). Land Management Field Manual – Roma District. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Maher, J. M. (ed.) (1996). Understanding and Managing Soils in the Murilla, Tara and Chinchilla shires. Land management manual. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Nelder, V. J. (1984). Vegetation survey of Queensland – South Central Queensland. Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).