- This event has passed.
Old Man Plains Field Day – Alice Springs
Thursday 26 September 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Thursday 26 September 2019|
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Old Man Plains, South Stuart Highway+ Google Map
Alice Springs, Queensland 0870 Australia
Beyond the dry times
Is it dry on your place? Unsure what to do next to get by until it rains?
Join the NT Department of Primary Industry and Resources at Old Man Plains Research Station for a day with local specialists who will give advice and have discussions with you on topics that will help you get through the dry times. Guest speakers will provide ‘take home’ tools that you can start using on your place straight away!
• Ian McLean (Bush AgriBusiness, Agribusiness specialist)
• Chris Materne (Pastoral Production Officer, NT DPIR, Alice Springs)
• Alison Kain (Climate Mate, Northern Australian Climate Program)
• Will Dobbie (Research Officer, Wild Dog Study)
• Chris Nott (Alcoota Station, President, NT Cattlemen’s Association)
Topics for discussion include:
• Herd management and informed decision making
• Forecasting? What does that really mean?
• How to get consistent beef production with season variability
• What’s happening on OMP in these dry times
• There’s more to soil than a mud pie
• Results of the calf-loss project
• An update on the Wild Dog Project
• Animal welfare in the changing world
The Old Man Plains Field Day will run from 8.30 am until 4.00 pm on Thursday 26 of September 2019 at the Mulga Shed on Old Man Plains Research Station, South Stuart Highway, approximately 20 km south of Alice Springs.
For more information, contact Meg Humphrys, Pastoral Extension Officer on 0427 373 011, or download the event flyer: Old Man Plains Field Day (PDF, 3 MB)
RSVP is required by 16 September 2019 for catering purposes to AccountsASP.DPIR@nt.gov.au.