Burdekin region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Burdekin region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- Black basalt (PDF, 85KB)
- Blackwood scrubs on massive soils (PDF, 87KB)
- Blackwood scrubs on structured clays (PDF, 76KB)
- Box and napunyah (PDF, 80KB)
- Box country (PDF, 83KB)
- Brigalow / gidgee scrubs (PDF, 96KB)
- Brown basalt (PDF, 84KB)
- Clayey alluvials (PDF, 90KB)
- Downs (PDF, 74KB)
- Goldfields country – black soils (PDF, 95KB)
- Goldfields country – red soils (PDF, 83KB)
- Lancewood – bendee – rosewood (PDF, 102KB)
- Loamy alluvials (PDF, 97KB)
- Narrow-leaved ironbark on deeper soils (PDF, 75KB)
- Narrow-leaved ironbark on shallower soils (PDF, 95KB)
- Ranges (PDF, 79KB)
- Red basalt (PDF, 86KB)
- Silver-leaved ironbark (PDF, 73KB)
- Softwood scrub (PDF, 134KB)
- Yellowjacket with other eucalypts (PDF, 85KB)
- Burdekin region plant index (PDF, 47KB)
Anderson E. R. (1993). Plants of central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane. Information Series QI92037.
Gunn R.H., Galloway R.W. Pedley, L. and Fitzpatrick, E.A. (1967). Lands of the Nogoa-Belyando area, Queensland. Land Research Series No. 18, CSIRO, Melbourne.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).
Rogers L.G., Cannon M.G. and Barry E.V. (1999). Land Resources of the Dalrymple Shire. Volume 1. Land Resources Bulletin, Queensland Department of Natural Resources, Brisbane.
Rolfe J., Golding T. and Cowan D. (1997). Is your pasture past it? The glove box guide to native pasture identification in north Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane. Information Series QI97083.
Shields, P.G., Chamberlain H.J. and Booth N.J. (1993) Soils and agricultural use in the Kilcummin area, Central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Thwaites, R. N. and Maher, J.M (eds) (1993). Understanding and managing soils in the Central Highlands. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.