Making profitable management decisions after the dry (Financial Management)
Recovering from drought is a challenging period, particularly as many businesses find themselves in a tight financial position. Proactive financial and business planning during this time will ensure your business is in the best position to return to a positive cash flow and profitable operation as quickly as possible.
Part one of this (three-part) webinar series will focus on:
- Understanding your financial position – developing cash flow projections, identifying options to improve your cash flow
- How to improve negotiations with your bank – what are the banks looking for?
- Developing a business plan – what are the key components & where can I find additional support?
- Planning for the future – medium-long term business planning
- Financial assistance for recovery – what support is available through the drought relief assistance scheme and what are the eligibility requirements?
By watching the full recordings you will hear from two very experienced presenters:
1. Bronwyn Schultz – Rural Financial Counselling Service, Southern Queensland
2. Kristie Clark – Senior Industry Development Officer, DAF
You can watch the full recordings or use the playlists below to jump to the start of a particular section within the presentations.
- Financial management considerations for producers (Bronwyn Schultz). 31:46; published 7 July 2020 by FutureBeefAu.
- Financial drought recovery (Kristie Clark). 4:43; published 7 July 2020 by FutureBeefAu.
- Financial management considerations for producers (Bronwyn Schultz).
- Financial drought recovery (Kristie Clark).
Download a copy of the presentations
- Financial management considerations for producers (Bronwyn Schultz; 2.51 MB, PDF)
- Financial Drought Recovery (Kristie Clark; 0.9 MB, PDF)
- Rural Financial Counselling Service (Southern Queensland)
- Drought Relief Assistance Scheme guidelines and form
- Transport and livestock returning from agistment freight subsidy
- Freight subsidy application: Stock returning from agistment
- Transport of livestock purchased for restocking freight subsidy
- Freight subsidy application: Animals purchased for restocking
- Financial management considerations for producers
- How does the rural financial counselling service help?
- A rural financial officer can…
- Understand your financial position
- Why…what’s the value?
- Working with your bank
- Developing a business plan
- Cash Flow – what’s the point?
- Tools (to use)
- Support available
- In summary…
- What’s in the toolbox?
- Take home messages
- Making profitable management decisions after the drought
- Drought Relief Assistance Scheme (DRAS)
- Eligibility (with agistment)
- How do I apply?
- Take home messages