The Northern Breeding Business Program (NB2) is a producer designed and led extension, adoption and research program, aimed at increasing breeding herd performance and reducing calf mortality.
The ‘Pathway to Practice’ pillar is the main focal point and involves groups of producers training and learning together, with the help of a facilitator, to build and implement customised breeding management plans for their own properties. This adoption-focused pillar is supported by three research and development pillars entitled herd, feed-base and environment, that provide the missing research required by producers to improve.
By watching the full recordings of this webinar you will hear from two very experienced presenters:
• Dr Lee Fitzpatrick (Chair of the NB2 Management Committee) discusses the strategic Research, Development and Adoption (RD&A) partnership for the northern Australian beef industry delivering sustainable, adaptable, resilient and profitable businesses (15:47; published 10 December 2020 by FutureBeefAu)
• Nigel Tomkins (Meat & Livestock Australia) discusses the Northern Breeding Business (NB2): Launching a better future for northern Australian breeding herds. (16:48; published 10 December 2020 by FutureBeefAu)
You can use the tabs below to select and watch a full recording or use the playlists (below each recording) to jump to the start of a particular section within the recording.
Download a copy of the presentations –
- Northern Breeding Business – NB2_Lee Fitzpatrick (PDF; 0.3 MB)
- Northern Breeding Business – NB2_Nigel Tomkins (PDF; 2.1 MB)
- Final report – NB2 proposal (Meat & Livestock Australia)
- NB2 website – information on NB2 including FAQs and related resources (Meat & Livestock Australia)
- NB2 producer flier (PDF; 2 MB) (Meat & Livestock Australia)
- NB2 Calf loss – do I have a problem fact sheet (PDF; 2 MB) (Meat & Livestock Australia)
- NB2 What causes calf loss fact sheet (PDF; 3 MB) (Meat & Livestock Australia)
- NB2 Selecting bulls fact sheet (PDF; 2 MB) (Meat & Livestock Australia)