Supplementing the diet of your livestock with key missing nutrients can provide a remarkable return on investment. But how do you know you are providing your animals what they need and not more of what they already have?
Join Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) Beef Extension Officers Mick Sullivan and Kylie Hopkins in this 3-part (recorded) webinar series when they discuss:
- Sensible Supplementation 1 – beef cattle nutrition principles
- Sensible Supplementation 2 – herd management and nutrition
- Sensible Supplementation 3 – choosing and managing supplements
You can use the tabs below to select and watch a full recording or use the playlists (below each recording) to jump to the start of a particular section within the recording.
- Dry season management of a beef business (FutureBeef)
- Protein and urea supplementation (FutureBeef)
- Improving beef business performance with phosphorus supplementation (FutureBeef)
- Supplement labels: what are they saying? (FutureBeef)
- Weaner supplements (FutureBeef)
- Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (Queensland Government)
- The Long Paddock (Queensland Government)
- Farmhub (National Farmers’ Federation)
- Rural Financial Counselling Service (Southern Queensland)
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (Queensland Government)