Southern Gulf region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Southern Gulf region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- SG01 Basalt (PDF, 143 KB)
- SG02 Bluegrass browntop plains (PDF, 121 KB)
- SG03 Coastal country (PDF, 113 KB)
- SG04 Frontage (PDF, 113 KB)
- SG05 Gidgee (PDF, 144 KB)
- SG06 Ironbark (PDF, 119 KB)
- SG07 Lancewood (PDF, 101 KB)
- SG08 Marine plains (PDF, 100 KB)
- SG09 Mitchell grass (PDF, 100 KB)
- SG10 Open red country (PDF, 104 KB)
- SG11 Rough spinifex hills (PDF, 420 KB)
- SG12 Sandy forest country (PDF, 119 KB)
- SG13 Silver-leaved box (PDF, 455 KB)
- SG14 Soft spinifex country (PDF, 133 KB)
- SG Southern Gulf Region land types (PDF, 131 KB)
Bishop, H.G. (1973) Gulf country pastures-2. Queensland Agricultural Journal Vol.99:325–331.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Henderson, R.T.F. (1997) Queensland plants names and distributions. Queensland Herbarium, Department of Environment.
Fox, I.D., Neldner, V.J., Wilson, G.W. and Bannink, P.J. (2001) The vegetation of the Australian tropical savannas. Environmental Protection Agency, Brisbane.
Milson, J. (1995). Plant identification in the arid zone. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Milson, J. (2000). Pasture plants of north-west Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Milson, J. (2000). Trees and shrubs of north-west Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Perry, R.A., Sleeman, J.R., Twidale, C.R., Prichard, C.E., Slatyer, R.O., Lazarides, M. and Collins, F.H. (1964). General report on lands of the Leichhardt-Gilbert Area, Queensland 1953-54. CSIRO, Melbourne.
Queensland Herbarium (2015). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 9.0 (April 2015). Queensland Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation: Brisbane. Available at www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/plants/ecosystems/about/#redd (Accessed 03/06/2016).